a heart is captive

a heart is captive

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Morning Ramble

I am far away from home while Sweetie is with his little princess who is in the process of passing out of this life.

The sun is out here. There was a big frost last night. The first one I have seen so it is my first October frost in the new house.

It is becoming a home, every so often something arrives that I unpack and use where I had nothing. Storage is a major issue. I hate clutter;cats raced through the living room and took out a lamp last night. I think it is just the lousy light blub.

I bought 2 boxes of those light bulbs so far each has lasted about 2 days or 6 hours. I hate when what I buy turns out to be crap. I am not rich or even up to middle class anymore, and the package of 5 dollar light bulbs that do not work would have bought a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs and 2 cans of cat food. I wonder if Romney or Obama think of their money in those terms? The one million dollars spent for a day or so of campaigning would set my family up for the rest of our lives.

$5 is a lot of money to me right now. And if that is true then the $400 it takes to fill the heating Oil tank is very hard to come by. And $5 is a lot of money to me now.

There is no one who has lived this poor who is running for office now. If they were poor then it was decades ago and are glad they GOT THEIRS!

I once had a wonderful job and was on the list (short list with only me on it!) for a tenure track position. However Dean Mayo did not like me, I think she was a racist. But I do know that she said to my chair that she did not want me hired as a full time tenure track professor. My Chair obliged her. You know what?! That B*** of a Dean left the college a semester later to go to work at MY Alma Mater! In MY department I loved while at that university! From that moment I have never donated one cent to my old University.
I knew that woman as a liar and a cheat (with a weenie Ph.D. to boot!). She took the work of others and passed them off as her own. She stood up for the teachers in her own race and stabbed those who were not in the back. I was there for 10 years and I saw how she worked.

So these are the rambles on a frosty October morning. The coffee is made and I have a cup and the sun is out and I am glad I do not live in Texas any more. I'd rather be in Maine and poor than live with in a town with such nasty people. I have many for tales in the life of me and this little afsana is just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment