a heart is captive

a heart is captive

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Watching the Sea

I am watching the tide come in, the small waves rolling and undulating gradually covering the sandbar that the stream's meander has cut on its way through the marsh. It is a narrow spit that keeps the stream as a tight S curve to the bay. The channel has deepened. What is interesting is the level of the tide has rises a lot since I started watching a few years back. Once, even at a full moon high tide, the sandbar was never covered. Now a regular tide covers it and creates waves with a bit of froth. If the sea level is not rising then the land must be sinking a bit for this to happen. It is pretty and looks like soon I will have waterfront property. I like the sea. I rather watch the sea than people. I rather depend on the sea than a clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment