a heart is captive

a heart is captive

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

House Update

I have begun painting the upstairs bathroom. I am using the same paint I used on the porch out front. I figured that a damp place should have waterproof paint. The floor was so ugly anything would have improved it. I am so happy I chose the color Stonehedge it is a greenish grey. Once dry it looks like slate with the subtle sheen. It is nice underfoot. Of course now it has cat prints in the Swedish blue I just painted the window sills with. It needed another coat anyway. It is hard to paint a floor in the damp weather and my window of painting opportunity is small. This paint takes longer to dry. I may have to paint with a space heater blowing in the bathroom a little later.
Today I wanted to play with the paint and do the walls. Punkee rushed the door and was upstairs and would not come down. So I swore at him and did what I could with him bouncing off the walls and meowing all over. I just had the new paint roller cover and could not find it, add some more frustration to the cat being in the cat free zone. So I decided to just paint what I could reach with my paint brush. After Punkee left foot prints on the floor I locked him in the hall. Now I am upset and into a flopsweat. I calm a bit while admiring the color as it goes on the door and other window sill. There is a warm breeze blowing through the wide open windows. The color is amazing. I love it. I am splattering on to the floor but it needs a second coat anyway....... Now the breeze turns cold or is my sweat causing it.....
The nice thing about this paint is it stretches, slip resistant, fills cracks, smoothes splinters, mildew resistant, and is water proof. It will seal the 112 years old plaster nicely. I rather keep the plaster since dry wall molds at a drop of a hat here and even old plaster is better than the new drywall.
The floor color is beautiful, Looks like slate and I will paint the upper hall floor the same color and the lower hall too. Now there is very old wood look linoleum over boards. This is brittle and does not wash well. So it needs to come up. I will fill the gaps since I see daylight from the first floor. This paint will seal the gaps once the gaps have extra caulk. I will have slip resistant floors....a good safety feature.
And all for the price of a can of paint.....about $54.

No comments:

Post a Comment