a heart is captive

a heart is captive

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Capitalism's Scams

I am dealing with an insurance company. I hate Insurance Companies at this point. They do not live in my world and I am being penalized for not living in their land of LALALA.
Getting ANYONE to do work on or in a house here is a miracle. If Someone shows up when they say they will be here I will need my smelling salts. I am never ready for that knock on the door by someone who says "I will be there tomorrow or Monday" or whatever freaking date comes to their minds. Yet the Insurance company expected me to repair a wall that was leaking even though the leak was caused by the leaking roof. I was on the list to get a new roof for 6 months. Does the insurance company have a crew to do repairs....no. So I am at the mercy of those who are in the business of construction. Of course the foundation was out of kilter and needed to be fixed before the roof could be done. It is a never ending cycle of waiting and being threatened by these brainless people who run these for profit mega companies who really loathe to pay out money for anything ever.

We are scared into insurance all the time by bad drivers, our thoughtless driving, and all the little things that can and do go wrong in life. Everything is expensive. Our modern lives are full of dangerous luxuries. Much like our ancestors feared fire we fear everything. We have so much stuff, such very expensive homes that any repair is a bank breaker since we are living beyond our means. I am not but more people than not are. I have an old house. I am fixing it since it has been neglected for decades. Surprisingly it is in OK shape even though the people who lived here since 1940 were trash and did everything badly wrong or stupid (not necessarily in that order) But my house was built in 1900. Built to last longer than the new houses are today.

I need new glass in the kitchen window....I had a man out and he quoted me a price and said he'd be back in a week....5 months ago. There is a plumber in town that is suppose to be the best in the business and he never shows up. Well to me the best in the business is the one who shows up or at least says he is so bust=y he can't do it.

Here a man's word is nothing. And all those nothings have tormented me for months.

There is no trust left in me for the big businesses/Capitalism. It may seem odd since it is the small business man that has thwarted my efforts to get things done to add to the economy. But these people are the bedrock of capitalism and these people are lousy so the foundation of America is rotten and soon it will start to fall from the bottom. The big businesses will suffer eventually. But those tycoons will still get their work done, wear their fancy suits and sit on their golden toilets. Me? I am so disgusted at this system that I don't care anymore. I hate those who do not live in reality....my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment